Saturday, May 2, 2009

PROM

If I never see another piece or iridescent glitter, it will be too soon. We finally had the prom last night. YEAH. Twenty-four girls got dresses, but three got in trouble this week and weren't allowed to attend. That's the way the disco ball bounces.
The excitement started on Wednesday when some of us stayed after school to help decorate the gym. I spent about three hours stapling stuff on the walls so I woke up with a sore arm. Decorations continued on Thursday--without me.
The prom was lovely. All the girls looked SO beautiful. There was cupcakes, punch, some fruit, and a special trail mix....they had ordered m&m's with the school's name on them. Pretty cool.
None of the kids danced much...thing of your 7th & 8th grade dances...but they all seemed to have a blast. I am posting some pictures in a separate entry. If you don't see the dress you sent, don't worry. Two more villages are using the dresses you sent for their proms. I will post those as soon as they are available to me.
I would like to take a moment to thank all of you who helped me in my endeavor to get dresses for these girls. You could tell that they really felt special and beautiful. I can not thank you enough for helping me give such a wonderful opportunity to such great girls.
Two more weeks and two days.
Debbie

1 comment:

  1. These young people look like they are very happy to have had someone like you in their lives and we were very privileged to be an extension to that.
    The pictures are beautiful

    ReplyDelete